CINCINNATI, NORTHERN KENTUCKY EVENTS
- Ohio Governor Mike DeWine is banning mass gatherings of more than 100 people in Ohio.
- The Opening Day Parade in Cincinnati has been canceled/postponed.
- The St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Cincinnati on Saturday has been canceled.
- Honor Flight Tri-State has postponed its April 22 event
- The American Association for Justice Student Trial Advocacy Competition has been canceled.
- The Crosstown Singout at Christ Church Cathedral on Saturday has been canceled.
- The Rise Up and Shine Breakfast on March 18 in Louisville has been postponed.
- The 2020 Neighborhood Summit at Xavier University has been postponed.
- The Maple Syrup Festival at Hueston Woods State Park has been canceled. The event was scheduled for March 14-15
- The NKY International Festival has been postponed.
- Cincinnati Works Spring Job Fair has been postponed. The event was scheduled for March 12.
- The CVG Job Fair has been postponed. The event was scheduled for March 19.
- The Autism Society Greater Cincinnati has canceled its Teen Time and March 14 School Age Playtime which was scheduled for March 13
- In response to the growing COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County will close all of its facilities to the public beginning tonight, Friday, March 13, 2020 at 6 p.m.
- All events and classes are canceled through April 3, 2020. This includes the St. Patrick’s Day Celebration this Sunday, March 15.
- All meeting rooms are now closed through April 3, 2020.
- Customers have been asked to hold on to their checked out physical materials instead of returning them.
- Checked out items will have their due dates extended.
- Book donations are not being accepted at this time.
- Cher’s concert in April at the Heritage Bank Center has been moved to September 14th.
- Cincinnati Zoo until further notice.
- Hard Rock-Jack Casino
- Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg
Belterra Casino Resort in Indiana is closed.
Rising Star Casino in Indiana is closed.
Newport Aquarium is closed, looks to reopen March 28th.
- Ohio is issuing an order to close gyms, fitness centers, recreation centers, bowling alleys, indoor water parks, movie theaters, and trampoline parks across the state until further notice. This will take effect at the close of business.
- Effective Thursday, March 19, Great Parks is canceling all programs and events through May 10, 2020.
They are also closing the following facilities:
- Camping at Miami Whitewater Forest and Lake Isabella
- Ellenwood Nature Barn at Farbarch Werner Nature Preserve
- Food Service
- Golf Courses
- Golf Lessons
- Group Camps
- Highfield Discovery Garden
- Horseback Riding Lessons
- Indoor Playgrounds
- Nature Center at the Summit
- Nature’s Niche
- Organized Soccer and Softball
- Parky’s Farm
- An Evening with Michael Buble at Heritage Bank Center on May 16th has been postponed
- 2020 Opening Day to be delayed by at least two weeks; Spring Training Games cancelled beginning today
- Big West, MAC closing men’s and women’s basketball tournaments to public.
- The Heart Mini has been canceled. It was scheduled for March 22 downtown Cincinnati.
- Bearcats cancel the Spring Football event on April 10.
- The Ohio High School Athletic Association announced all indoor sporting events in Ohio should continue without most spectators.
- The Ohio High School Athletic Association announced that all remaining winter tournament contests are immediately postponed.
- The Flying Pig marathon in Cincinnati is being postponed until October.
- Governor DeWine says Ohio schools K-12 will be on an extended spring break for 3 weeks beginning this coming Monday March 16 starting at the end of the day.
- Cincinnati State Technical and Community College — Cincinnati State will move all in-person lecture classes to an alternative format starting March 14 until March 29.
- Ohio University — Classes will be taught online through March 30.
- Miami University — Classes will be taught remotely through at least April 12.
- Kent State University — Remote classes to begin Monday. Face-to-face classes will resume April 13.
- University of Cincinnati — Face-to-face instruction to be suspended Saturday and will resume April 13.
- University of Dayton — Remote online classes will begin after spring break on March 23 and last through April 6.
- Ohio State University — Classes will be taught online through March 30.
- Xavier University — Classes will move to remote. In-person instruction will resume on April 14.
- Wright State University — Classes will be taught remotely through at least March 30.
- Indiana University — Classes will be taught online following spring break on March 23 through April 6.
- Bowling Green State University — Classes will be taught online through April 6.
- Wilmington College — Activities to resume March 30.
- Sinclair Community College –.All classes will be online or remote from March 23 until further notice.
- Mount St. Joseph University — Remote classes to begin on Monday.
- Northern Kentucky University — Students will move to “alternative instruction” beginning March 23.
Below is a list of local school districts who have chosen to cancel or adjust classes due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- Boone County Schools — The district will close through April 20, or until a state of emergency is lifted.