UPDATED TUESDAY, MAY 28, 2019 11:00 AM EST
Matthew 25: Ministries is responding to devastating tornadoes that struck Dayton, OH and the surrounding area on Sunday evening. At least 40 injuries and 1 death have been reported as a result of the storms in Celina and Dayton. We will be responding to the Dayton area with a selection of our Disaster Response vehicles including Tide Loads of Hope Mobile Units that can do up to 300 loads of laundry a day, an Ice Unit that can produce up to 10,000 pounds of ice a day, as well as our customized pickup trucks loaded with supplies such as P&G personal care kits, household and cleaning products, Cintas first aid and safety kits and supplies, and additional items such as Pampers diapers, Charmin toilet paper, Tide Pods, generators, fans and tarps.
“It’s heartbreaking to see the destruction left behind by these tornadoes so close to home that effect so many of our friends, family and neighbors,” said Matthew 25’s CEO Tim Mettey. “We’re mobilizing our teams to get help to those in need and our prayers are with them as the recovery process begins.”
Matthew 25 is seeking additional supplies for disaster preparedness and distribution. Always needed and appreciated supplies include:
- Monetary Donations: Donate online, mail checks to Matthew 25: Ministries, 11060 Kenwood Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242 100% of donated funds designated for Tornado Relief will be used for the purpose intended.
- Non-Perishable Food: PULL TOP canned vegetables, fruits etc.; ready to eat dry goods such as nuts, peanut butter, dried fruits, granola and trail mixes, jerkies, ready to eat snacks; bottled water; ready- to-eat meals or MREs etc.
- Personal Care Products: Antibacterial soap, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, body wash, deodorant, lotion etc.
- Cleaning supplies: Laundry detergents, general cleaner, sponges, bleach (powdered form is preferred), mops, scrub brushes, buckets, rubber gloves etc.
- Paper products: Toilet paper, paper towels etc.
- Baby and infant supplies: Diapers, wipes, diaper rash ointment, baby wash, baby shampoo, baby lotion etc.
- First-Aid items: Bandages, gauze, pads, first aid tape, antiseptic creams, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, latex gloves, instant cold packs etc.
- New and gently used clothing; new underwear and socks in original packaging
- Candles and flashlights: If necessary, please include the appropriate size batteries with any flashlight donation
- Clean-up supplies: Protective eyewear, work gloves, masks, shovels, screwdrivers, saws, trash bags etc.
Matthew 25: Ministries accepts cash, credit card and online donations for ongoing disaster aid and humanitarian relief programs.